Monday, October 6, 2008

Fairies in the garden

Nan and pop live in the bush on a large hilly property, on one side of the house is a gully that stretches from top to bottom of the hill. For years they have been telling us of how the fairies visit there... only for an hour or so each night and only for a few weeks, then they are off again until the following year. Well last night we were all lucky enough to see them in all their glory. I am of course talking of fire flies but what a beautiful sight... there were literally hundreds of tiny little lights dancing around the bush and flying right around us... so close in fact that Regan was beginning to doubt the 'fairy story', Aaron however is a true believer. Like all those incredible moments we were just drinking it in and I didn't take any photos but I am still in awe of the sight and thought I would share.

Also to share is a few cards I did for mum while she was here....





there will be more to come as she has given my her chrissy list....

a few years ago I made her this box and then for Chrissy each year I send her a bunch of handmade cards for her to give out through the year...

No comments: