Monday, March 5, 2012

They are on their way....


A few years ago I gave my mum a decorated box filled with handmade cards for christmas with the promise that I will fill it up as a gift each year......soooo were are now three years down the track and after much begging and even a e-mail I have completed some new ones for her...

Birthday


Thanks


and some for her Red Hatter friends


there are some others as well I just didn't get a chance to take a pic of them all.

Also included is a decorated box and some divider cards for another project I talked her into doing...

I appologise because I can't remember where the original idea came from but it works like this:

you get 365 index cards and each day fill in one line - be it a quote, a thought, something you did etc
then the following year you do the same
imagine how interesting it will be to look back over the years, seeing what you do the same or different over time.


(and yes I'm getting mum to do it because 1. it is something that she can pass on - a record of the everyday so everyone can get a glimpse of her life. and 2. because I don't have the patience for that sort of thing and would give up after day 6)

Talking of time....... going along with my word of the year SIMPLIFY.... I have decided to simplify my life by getting the kids to do the housework.... giving the kids some responsibility around the house, we have started a chore list, if they do all their jobs for the week, they tick them off and they get money.... works for everyone involved but I don't think they are taking my chart all that seriously.....


If you want to print off your own copy I got it from Gennifers Blog, you can customise it for your own family but that was a bit hard so I wrote on it and laminated them so the kids can use whiteboard markers....

And to finish off today a pic of dads new pup instead of mine......


His name is Archie and this is how dad gets him to the beach for their walks....
No more explination required....

No comments: