Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cake Pops...

Very cute looking cakes on a stick that are all the rage at the moment... I saw them on Elsies blog the other day so decided to give them a try

My top seven tips for making Cake Pops.....

1. enthusiasm does not equal ability

2. don't start making them at 6:30 at night

3. make sure you send the family out of the kitchen, there will definantly be mess and most probably swearing

4. think about it.... are those golf ball sizes gloops of cake really going to be able to balance on a tiny stick when coated in chocolate

5. check out the photos - they are close ups you dope, not just big cake pops

6. research it first there are some great sites (including the woman who started it all) with some great tips that I found - ahhh if I knew thursday what I know today!

and...

7. don't worry what they end up looking like, kids will eat anything coated in chocolate....

Sooooo to stop the suspense...... here are my cake pops

Basically my balls were too big, sticks too small and choc too thick



and how they should/could look....


pics from Bakerella

Not to be detered however, I will be trying this again armed with all the knowledge I now have, a disposable table cloth for the kitchen bench and supplies from here

Stay tuned...

PS: They taste great

PPS: Bigger is (mostly) better, there is no such thing as too much cake...

Ohh and I guess we should go into why I was making them

AARON TURNED 10 ON FRI!!!!!!

so a countdown in photos is required

Ten


Nine


Eight


Seven


Six


Five


Four


Three


Two


One


And thats where my digital photography started..... I don't have any baby pics on the computer so instead heres my all time fav...


Happy Birthday buddy....we love you!







No comments: